- Racegoers caught out as huge rain storm rolls by north Melbourne forward of $3m Cox Plate race
- Temperatures plunge to only 10 levels at lunch-time and robust winds additionally make circumstances unhealthy
- Round 27,000 individuals had been anticipated to attend Moonee Valley course for giant day of motion on the observe
- Pleasure constructing forward of mouthwatering showdown between star horses Winx and Hartnell
- Hail and thunderstorms additionally predicted for Victoria on Saturday, and even doable snow above 900m
The going was actually heavy for horseracing followers on the prestigious Cox Plate assembly at Moonee Valley on Saturday.
Revellers had been caught out after an enormous rain storm rolled by north Melbourne following a sunny morning, leaving many struggling to remain dry and heat of their greatest outfits.
Whereas punters tried to make sure the moist climate didn’t dampen their enjoyable, it actually felt something like Spring Racing season with temperatures dropping to only 10 levels and robust winds additionally battering the course.
A racegoer struggles to maintain dry at Moonee Valley racecourse on Saturday as an enormous rain storm rolls by north Melbourne
Many ladies appeared dressed for the incorrect climate at Moonee Valley racecourse on Saturday as a vivid and sunny morning gave method to rain and robust winds
The going was smooth underfoot for racegoers at Moonee Valley in Melbourne on Saturday forward of the Cox Plate following an enormous rain storm
Some racegoers appeared pleased to smile and bear it as they had been hit by an enormous rain storm at Moonee Valley racecourse on Saturday forward of the $3m Cox Plate
The Cox Plate, due off at 5pm on Saturday, guarantees to be probably the greatest in current reminiscence with star horses Winx and Hartnell anticipated to battle it out for the $1.8m first prize.
Winx, the 2016 Australian Horse of the Yr, is sizzling favorite after profitable 12 consecutive races and can try and make it back-to-back victories within the Cox Plate.
However she is more likely to face robust competitors from Hartnell, who has gained $2.2m in profession prize cash and claimed the BMW Stakes at Rosehill final yr.
The rain couldn’t dampen the spirits of this racegoer who was decided to have enjoyable with a glass of one thing chilled at Moonee Valley on Saturday forward of the Cox Plate
Sturdy winds despatched umbrellas flying at Moonee Valley racecourse on Saturday, however these racegoers had been decided to carry onto their drinks
These females had been eager to maintain their Cox Plate outfits dry after grabbing a chief place trackside forward of the massive race at Moonee Valley on Saturday
The beer could have been Dry, however the climate actually wasn’t for racegoers who had been compelled to take cowl after an enormous rain storm at Moonee Valley on Saturday
Regardless of the depressing climate, racegoers appeared decided to get pleasure from themselves on one of many greatest days of the equine calendar.
The drinks continued to stream as shortly because the rain got here down, with pleasure additionally constructing forward of the standard rendition of Horses by legend Daryl Braithwaite.
However punters have been warned that temperatures might really feel as chilly as seven levels at Moonee Valley by the point Braithwaite performs his traditional hit trackside.
Racegoers are all smiles regardless of the depressing climate at Moonee Valley racecourse in Melbourne on Saturday
Legendary horseracing coach Gai Waterhouse appeared to have studied the climate forecast earlier than heading out to Moonee Valley on Saturday on Cox Plate day as she sported a particular leopard-print umbrella and heat coat
The drinks continued to stream as quick because the rain got here down as racegoers refused to let the moist climate dampen their spirits at Moonee Valley racecourse in north Melbourne on Cox Plate day
After a vivid and sunny morning at Moonee Valley racecourse on Saturday, the clouds rolled in over north Melbourne as rain and robust winds battered the punters
- Euthanasia advocate Max Bromson’s final moments recorded
- Polish woman booed during Question Time immigration discussion
- Trump is booed during mean-spirited roast of Clinton at gala
- Clinton lands some zingers while roasting Trump at charity gala
- GRAPHIC: Footage appears to show children being tortured
- GRAPHIC: suspected thieves in Mexico found with their hands cut
- Russian warships sail down Dover Strait en route to Syria
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- The moment a model is hit in the head by a drone
- Thug smashes man in the face with a plank of wood in brutal attack
- Dashcam captures moment man belts out tunes then car CRASHES
- EXCLUSIVE: Shocking moment Kumbuka attempts to smash glass